The Laufwerk 2 Slate
The Laufwerk in Slate is very customizable and the definitive answer to power, bass, and dynamic intensity. Up to three arms can be added. It weights in almost 90lbs.
`Das Laufwerk´ is German for `the turntable´. As in, THE TURNTABLE. Our turntable with that very proud and distinctive name has recently become SCHEU´s top-of-the-range model. In terms of performance, it even comfortably exceeds the company´s previous top model, the Premier, and represents the beginning of a whole new phase for SCHEU.
Weighing in at a total of about 38 kg, this mighty turntable is really a heavyweight contender for the reference league.
By omitting the lead shot chamber and the joining of two shell halves, a turntable of unadorned elegance came into being. Since no lead shot could be used to diminish resonance effects, other solutions needed to be found. By combining various materials such as multi-ply acrylic, steel, and bronze, it was possible to achieve extremely effective adaptive resonance suppression and damping, though.
This turntable also features up to three tonearm bases along with the electronically regulated DC motor with its fine speed adjustment and string drive, an 80-mm platter and height-adjustable steel feet in spike format.
A description of the sound is of course always subjective. During the in-house development phase, the Premier was consistently used as a reference. Das Laufwerk No.2 comfortably exceeds even this in terms of sound reproduction.
Details are reproduced with outstanding originality. The bass is powerful and contoured, the fundamental sound is absolutely natural. Both width and depth are faithfully reproduced and everything is realistically placed in the soundscape. The treble is not overloaded, so that cymbals, for example, ring long and clear. In spite of the extremely detailed resolution, the musical flow is never lost.
This turntable should appeal not only to those connoisseurs whose interest is purely in music but also to ambitious listeners seeking to explore the limits of their turntable day after day. It provides an excellent basis and enough scope for you to approach your own individual ideal for the reproduction of music.
Das Laufwerk No.2
- Heavyweight turntable, total weight approx. 38 kg, turntable weight 7.5 kg
- Multilayered acrylic shell with stainless steel bases for three tonearms, available in polished black, colourless, polished transparent or in colourless satin-finish.
- Height-adjustable spike-shaped steel feet
- Inverted precision bearings
- 80 mm high, 7.5 kg acrylic platter
- Up to three armboards, for various tonearms, available in acrylic or bronze
Motor for Das Laufwerk No.2
- Electronically regulated DC motor
- Microcontroller with digital 4-Q PI-controller
- Overload protection by integrated speed-dependent current-limitation
- Fine-speed adjustment +-3% for 33 and 45 rpm
- For belt, tape or string-drive