Burmester B100 Loudspeakers
The B100 loudspeaker is the flagship of Burmester Speakers and was inspired by the aerodynamic design similar to the riveted wings found on large classic airplanes of the past. To re-produce the time-honoured high dynamics that result in life-like quality sound was of paramount importance during the development process of the B100.
The reference speakers truly dignify the Burmester motto of “Art for the Ear.”
The B100 loudspeaker is an impressive audiophile statement in every respect. As second largest speaker in the Burmester portfolio it is the magic door into the realm of unfettered musical enjoyment. Whether you listen to intimate chamber music, a live jazz performance or explosive hard rock – the B100 speaker never lets you miss a note, a nuance or a beat. Particularly impressive are its homogeneous and powerful sound reproduction over the full audio spectrum while at the same time conveying the finest detail and airiness of live music.
With an imposing size and elegant looks the B100 is an esthetic design object that is a visual focal point in any room. Its clean lines, however, make it easy to integrate the speaker into any home ambience. The use of very expensive materials underscores the value of this exclusive design object. The shape of the B100 suggests the wings of modern-day airplanes, which gives the large and heavy floor-standing speaker a surprising visual lightness. Mid-range drivers and tweeters in a so-called d’Appolito configuration ensure balanced sound radiation, high impulse stability and relaxed long-term listening pleasure. Even a forte fortissimo with 115 dB never fazes this 280 pounds heavyweight champ with the ability to also communicate small musical details with utmost fidelity.
The B100 loudspeaker is manufactured with greatest care by hand in our Berlin speaker factory. All drivers are measured to exacting standards and selected in perfect pairs. They are then burned in around the clock for seven days and measured again. These extraordinary measures are designed to avoid any changes in sound characteristics after delivery.
- Custom-built with 275mm die-cast light alloy enclosure, very rigid, magnetically non-conductive, therefore, no magnetical loss
- Kevlar mid-range driver with extremely high load rating, modified to Burmester specifications.
- The app. 30 cm² diaphragm area is about ten times the size of conventional dome tweeters. This results in a very low crossover frequency of 2700 Hz and allows a d’Appolito configuration which guarantees very stable and transparent sonic images.
- All drivers are broken in at high signal levels by Burmester Audiosysteme non-stop for seven days (woofers and mid-range drivers with 10 Hz, tweeters with pink noise). Then they are measured very carefully over their full frequency range and finally matched in pairs by computer.
- Elsberry/ silver-painted aluminum laminate
- Silver / silver-painted aluminum laminate
- NEW: Macassar / silver-painted aluminum laminate
Elsberry, Macassar, Silver
|Type:||3 way, 6 driver loudspeaker system|
|Frequency Response:||30Hz to 45kHz|
|Crossover Frequency:||160, 2700Hz|
|Bass:||2 x 275mm glass fibre cone|
|Midrange:||2 x 130mm kevlar cone|
|Tweeter:||2 x air motion transformer|
|Dimensions:||310 x 1490 x 620mm|