- 0.28 mV output
- High purity 5N silver coils
- Ultra-rigid special dampened titanium “Timet 1100” corpus
- Static compliance 16-18 mm/N (18°C to 30°C)
- 17 mN recommended tracking force
- Channel balance better 0.35 dB / at 1 kHz
- Channel separation better 32 dB
- Frequency response 15 Hz to 32 kHz +/- 2 dB * Q4 Shibata EVO stylus * * internal resistance 4 Ohms
- Load resistance 100 Ohms
- Cantilever C37-coated tempered aluminum
- Cartridge weight only 11.5 grams
The Aiwon is the best example for what improvement is still possible in phono analog front-end sonic performance. Possible only if all parameters are carefully fine-tuned. Fine-tuned to thus create much more than the mere sum of the parts.
The Aiwon is “old school” at its very finest. A sonic performance second to none, – featuring a live-likeness, dynamic contrast, emotion expression and “you are there” character one has to hear to realize what was missing so far – missing in even the very best set-ups.